80n <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Regardless of whether people are centerlineists or not, there are
> always going to be mappers who will tag ways this way.  We have a
> free form tagging scheme so we cannot prohibit such things.  For
> example, a way tagged as highway=waterway, power=line (two linear
> tags) might be unusual (water and electricity generally don't mix ;)
> but we cannot disallow it.

That is true, but the "good practice" page in the wiki says "One
feature, one osm-object". So, noone should be too suprised if a renderer
is only rendering either the waterway or the powerline.

IMHO renderers should encourage good practices by not being to lax
in what they render. I am just thinking of the problems arising from web
browsers trying to render everything that looks vaguely like html.

        Christoph (Xoff)