Hello Frederik, thanks for your answer. The coordinate display at
www.informationfreeway.org is what I was looking for. Wouldn't it be
possible to integrate this function into the main OpenStreetMap site? I
think this would definitely improve the attractiveness of the map
display (even more, if degree-minute-second based coordinates would
appear, too -- for many people, the decimal coordinates are not what
they're used to).

In respect to the "select different area technique"  etc.: While any
true OSM enthusiast is of course able to help him/herself with tricks
like this, I observed that it is rather difficult this way to convince
not primarily technically interested people to give OSM a try. I am of
course aware of the fact that OSM is a geographic data collection
project and no nice-map-display-site but a really great map
display/export facility on the main site would make it IMHO so much
easier to make people use it and then join it :-)

Thanks again,
Ulf

--
 Ulf Mehlig    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>