As I said: obviously :-)

>> 292 florist (BTW: in future, garden_centre seems to become the
>> value for
>> "potted flower shops")
>
> Generally, in the UK, a florist will sell you a bunch of flowers to
> give to your wife/girlfriend/mistress; a garden centre will sell you
> flowers to plant in your garden.

Same here germany.

Not to forget: not only in your garden, to place a potted flower at your
window sill is an option. Even geeks do that sometimes ;-)

>> I've added those, where I had a good understanding. There are still
>> some
>> tags where I'm still curious about, e.g. what is shop=general?
>
> A "general stores" is grocery+other stuff - so basic foodstuffs, some
> ironmongery (=DIY), some stationery, and so on. It's an old-fashioned
> UK shop that is sadly dying out in the age of the supermarket.

Oh, you know, we're now in the age of the internet, the age of the
supermarket is already long time ago ;-)

To site map features about convenience: "a small local store usually
selling a small selection of food items plus things like simple first
aid, household, stationary and car items"

So to me it seems, that convenience and general is used interchangeably
for the same thing?

Regards, ULFL

P.S: By mistake I've send my initial post to dev
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/dev/2008-October/012256.html

To be short, I've derived some shop values from tagwatch and added:

beverages
books
car_repair
florist