Is it minimum clothing? To me, min_clothing=kippah implies that the
very minimum for me to wear would be a kippah, and not wearing socks,
underwear, vest etc.

similarly with min_clothing=scarf  - no indication of the general
clothing rules.

and echoing earlier replies:

Could we extend this to places with other clothing rules, such as: "no
workwear after 7pm"?
"no hoodies" "no boots"
"muddy walking boots welcome"
"no swimwear"