I'm comparing the PT version to the DE one and I note that when you
edit the DE one it says de at the top rather than page (which you
get on PT and EN versions). Looking at the revision history for the
PT version you moved it to PT:etc rather than created it there.
Could that be the difference?

Anyway the bit that I added is:

{{ #ifexist: Pt:Tag:{{{key}}}={{{value}}} |
[[Pt:Tag:{{{key}}}={{{value}}}|{{#language:pt}}]]
 • | }}

And doing a bit of testing it seems that PT is case sensitive
whereas DE isn't (at least for natural=wetland). Using De in the URL
automatically converts to DE, but using Pt it says the page isn't
found (but PT finds it).

How this is controlled I don't know. I'm reluctant to change
anything else as the bit I added to the template uses upper case
first letter and lower case second letter for all languages, so it
is something a bit more fundamental and wiki related.

Ed