On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 2:50 AM, Thomas Wood <grand.edgemas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/12/31 Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <ava...@gmail.com>:
>> On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 9:44 AM, Steven te Brinke
>> <s.tebri...@student.utwente.nl> wrote:
>>> The maritime borders clearly are administrative and probably are admin_level
>>> 2. However, on the wiki Iceland has defined the EEZ to be admin_level 1. I
>>
>> It's not actually used though, Iceland only has admin_level=6 borders
>> defined at the moment. I just listed all the others I could think of
>> along the axis given.
>
> I think 1 was intended more as a continental 'boundary' even though it
> may be fuzzily defined at places.

Edit out that definition for Iceland if you don't think it makes
sense, like I said it's not even being used and might be confusing
currently.

I don't see how a continent boundary depends under any sort of
"administrative" tagging. Continents aren't collectively administered,
they're geographical and historical features.

> In other news, I've converted the 12nm line around the UK and Ireland
> to be fully tagged, so it's now showing in its own bubble on the
> mapnik render.
> I do note that Foula is not included in this line, so I'm looking for
> details on how they were originally created so I can modify it to
> include this island.

Maybe I'm just imagining this but it looks like the nuances of the
coastline aren't reflected in the maritime border which always looks
relatively straight or curved.