On Jan 18, 2009, at 3:39 AM, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
> From time to time I use josm and potlatch more or less simultaniesly.
> If I upload data with josm, potlatch does not see these changes.
> potlatch seems to save its data more or less unconditionally; it does
> not warn the user that data changes took place externally.

Indeed.  Really, for locking reasons, this is something that the API
should enforce.  An editor should be uploading "I changed this node
from HERE to THERE" and if HERE is no longer true, the API should
reject the upload with a conflict resolution request (of some sort ...
details left for speculation by the reader).

(Maybe it already does this, and it isn't working properly for
Potlatch for some reason.  I haven't looked at the source or the API
docs for confirmation.)

Russ Nelson - http://community.cloudmade.com/blog -
http://wiki.openstreetmap.com/User:RussNelson
r...@cloudmade.com - http://openstreetmap.org/user/RussNelson