Dear all

We had a review call today on the technical side of OSM and one of the
things that came up was the transition to API 0.6

        http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Protocol_Version_0.6

API 0.6 is the latest and greatest in OSM APIs and brings scrummy
goodness like changesets. You can read more at the wiki page. A lot of
work has gone in to it from a number of people.

The downside is that there needs to be some database downtime while
the change happens. This means a period of time without login, editing
and so on. The slippy map will of course still work.

We have agreed a date of 21/22 March. During this time, and possibly
for a little while after, you won't be able to log in or edit while
things are upgraded.

Technical questions on this should be thrown at Matt Amos and TomH.

So, apologies, but hopefully this is enough advance warning for you to
avoid activities around that time. From there OSM will be stronger,
better, faster, longer and higher than before.

Best

Steve