________________________________

There is a set of ramps to a flyover:

http://openstreetmap.org/?lat=-16.399543&lon=-71.542044&zoom=18&layers=B000FTT

where I decided the ramps should be tagged as layer=1, bridge=yes. The
reasoning was that it is possible to walk under these areas as it is a
structure with pillars. OK the end point doesn't exactly coincide with where
you can no longer walk underneath it, but that was at least my logic. As the
layer tag signifies a vertical separation, I think it should be used where
there is at least the possibility of multiple items at the same location. In
other bridges, I have tried to make the bridge part stop where you can no
longer pass underneath it. Often of course, this ends up being an estimate as I
don't bother to take a waypoint while looking over the edge of the bridge to
see where the gap stops!

Donald