Le dimanche 22 février 2009 à 14:19, Guenther Meyer a écrit :
> Am Sonntag 22 Februar 2009 schrieb Dave Stubbs:
> > You could just /not/ run a bot on it. Seriously, these tag correcting
> > bots can be really annoying. As long as it's documented both ways it
> > can be trivially implemented both ways.
>
> but why should we use two different tags for the same thing?
> it would be better to consolidate this...

I agree.
I am a recent (4 months) contributor to OSM and I sometimes find it annoying
to have multiple, sometimes incompatible, tagging used for the same
purpose.
Sometimes I just don't tag something, not knowing an acceptable way to do
so. So I acually concentrate on roads which have a good consensus on the
tagging (and is the main purpose of OSM).

--
Renaud Michel