80n wrote:
> No.  CC-BY-SA does not have a class of derivative works that are not
> share alike.  ODbL does.

No it doesn't, that's the entire point of what I said. (Is this the
five-minute argument or the full half-hour?) This is what 4.7 in ODbL is all
about. The data is still "protected", if that's the kind of language you
like, by share-alike at all times.

> As I understand it Jordan is not our lawyer and cannot advise us on
> whether or not we should use the FIL.

So now I am utterly confused.

Some people called Wilson Sonsini have advised us to use ODbL in a manner
which is not, AIUI, the manner recommended by the licence co-author, who one
would presume understands these things.

And here I am debating with an OSMF board member who appears to be arguing
_against_ the licence being recommended by OSMF.

What on earth is going on?

Richard