On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 16:47 +0530, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> I have set up mapnik and mod_tile to display my own slippy map. I used
> the
> cloudmade osm file for my country. The map displays, but no symbols
> (like
> hospital or ATM) are being displayed. The symbols are loading, but
> not
> displaying - any idea where to look to debug this?

What zoom are you looking at? Some features like ATMs only appear on
zooms 17 & 18.

The most likely problem is that you have not used an up to date copy of
default.style when running the osm2pgsql import. If so, you may be
missing some of the columns in the DB tables and Mapnik will silently
fail to render any layer which references the missing data.

        Jon