Hi

Joining the conversation late here, but I assume this dataset is property
boundaries.  I can understand why you wouldn't want the boundaries
themselves moved, but what about the case where we want to build upon the
boundary data?  For example, a simple case might be: this bit of boundary is
a hedge.  I might then want to split a way that's part of the boundary
dataset, and mark a section of it barrier=hedge.  Doesn't sound that
unlikely, nor that unreasonable.

The fact that the boundary data would be in OSM would be valuable, but to
prevent anyone building upon it would undermine that usefulness.

Are we planning to import this dataset to give us raw data to build upon, or
is it just to store a copy of someone else's untouchable data, in which
case, what do we gain?

We don't claim any of the data in OSM is 100% correct, certainly we don't
claim that the OSM data is the definitive, legal definition of the world;
I'm assuming we won't be claiming to be the definitive source of the DEC
Lands dataset, nor feeding back into their dataset... so what's the worry?
Why should we be more worried about this dataset than, say, the exact
positioning of the road network?

Paul (southglos)