Regarding "The Bot". An excellent tool to to correct spelling errors (brigde
to bridge), but it must stay clear of tagging blunders.
A Bot can have no idea whether Landuse=Wood should be Landuse=Forest or
Natural=Wood, and therefore should stay clear, but could add something like
a note so local users can check.
I think very few of the "mapping pairs" should be changed using a bot. "The
Bot " changes Natural=Meadow to Landuse=Meadow. User:Class Augenr has added
Landuse=Meadow to Map Features with the justification it is used by Mapnik.
We dont tag for the renderer, and therefore a Bot definitely should not edit
for a renderer.

Regarding Landuse & Natural. It's clear people are confused. I find the
whole concept of Landuse=* confusing, because all land has a use. Many area
tags could come under Landuse. Why do we have Landuse=Recreation_Ground, and
Leisure=Nature_Reserve? A recreation ground is an area set aside for public
leisure, many Nature Reserves ban people from entering and are a Landuse
Designation.

Regarding Wood & Forest. I've more interest in mapping natural habitat than
any street. A lot of my time is spent working in Woodland and I find it very
frustrating to see Woodland separated with two tags which give poor
consideration to meaning or use.  Its clear in the UK these two "unique"
definitions for Woodland are being ignored, which is significant when we
have a "soft" convention that we should try to use British English when
defining tags. I've tried to track back and find how these two unique and
confusing definitions for Woodland came about, and it seems to lead to the
talk-de list (I cant be sure though). Its something I'd like to try and sort
out in the summer with a new Woodland=* tag, but its looks like I'll
ironically be too busy working in "Woodland".

In the meantime it appears I can simply edit the wiki definitions for Wood
and Forest.....

Jason

user:Jamicu