Hello,

thanks for taking a look at it.  The output is ~ 19000 lines, so i'll just
show the top ~70 lines:

Had to open data source read-only.
INFO: Open of `world_boundaries_m.shp'
      using driver `ESRI Shapefile' successful.

Layer name: world_boundaries_m
Geometry: Polygon
Feature Count: 3807
Extent: (-20037400.000000, -19929239.110000) - (20037400.000000,
18375854.709643)
Layer SRS WKT:
PROJCS["Mercator",
    GEOGCS["GCS_WGS_1984",
        DATUM["WGS_1984",
            SPHEROID["WGS_1984",6378137,298.257223563]],
        PRIMEM["Greenwich",0],
        UNIT["Degree",0.017453292519943295]],
    PROJECTION["Mercator_1SP"],
    PARAMETER["latitude_of_origin",0],
    PARAMETER["central_meridian",0],
    PARAMETER["scale_factor",1],
    PARAMETER["false_easting",0],
    PARAMETER["false_northing",0],
    UNIT["Meter",1]]
CAT: Real (16.0)
FIPS_CNTRY: String (80.0)
CNTRY_NAME: String (80.0)
OGRFeature(world_boundaries_m):0
  CAT (Real) =               15
  FIPS_CNTRY (String) = AY
  CNTRY_NAME (String) = Antarctica

OGRFeature(world_boundaries_m):1
  CAT (Real) =               15
  FIPS_CNTRY (String) = AY
  CNTRY_NAME (String) = Antarctica

OGRFeature(world_boundaries_m):2
  CAT (Real) =               15
  FIPS_CNTRY (String) = AY
  CNTRY_NAME (String) = Antarctica

OGRFeature(world_boundaries_m):3
  CAT (Real) =               15
  FIPS_CNTRY (String) = AY
  CNTRY_NAME (String) = Antarctica

OGRFeature(world_boundaries_m):4
  CAT (Real) =               15
  FIPS_CNTRY (String) = AY
  CNTRY_NAME (String) = Antarctica

OGRFeature(world_boundaries_m):5
  CAT (Real) =               15
  FIPS_CNTRY (String) = AY
  CNTRY_NAME (String) = Antarctica

OGRFeature(world_boundaries_m):6
  CAT (Real) =              174
  FIPS_CNTRY (String) = NZ
  CNTRY_NAME (String) = New Zealand

OGRFeature(world_boundaries_m):7
  CAT (Real) =              174
  FIPS_CNTRY (String) = NZ
  CNTRY_NAME (String) = New Zealand

OGRFeature(world_boundaries_m):8
  CAT (Real) =              174
  FIPS_CNTRY (String) = NZ
  CNTRY_NAME (String) = New Zealand

It additionally tells me on stderr:
ERROR 4: Unable to open world_boundaries_m.shp or world_boundaries_m.SHP.

Thanks for any hints,
Torsten.