Am 21.05.2009 um 18:42 schrieb Adam Schreiber:

>> I created a symbol and some rules for the key/value "tourism/
>> apartment".
>
> I think you need to find a different key than apartment.  It seems you
> want to tag an extended stay hotel from the description:
> , but in the US apartment is used to describe any rental unit in a
> building with other rental units whether they are flats, townhomes, or
> a mixture of the two.
That could start an endless discussion since there is practically no
term which is both generic (including holiday-flat, business-
apartment, serviced-apartment but excluding large-scale aparthotels
and all forms of B&B) without being ambiguous in a transcultural
context. So I think at least for the tagging we must just choose
something semi-optimal. May be that "apartment" was not the best
compromise. Any idea of what we can use instead if it?

>> A description for this node is here:
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tags#References
>
> This is the incorrect link.
oops - here is the correct one: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tags#Tourism