Lennard wrote:
> Maarten Deen wrote:
>
>>> The server running the xapi service is down at the moment.
>> Any info on what the problem is and when it's going to be resolved?
>>
>> And what is the status of the other two XAPI servers?
>> Bearstech seems to be perpetually testing, and xapi.openstreetmap still
>> serves
>> 0.5 data and "0.6 service will start shortly" (ever since the move to 0.6).
>>
>> Any help needed?
>
> Is XAPI 'officially' supported? I mean: is it considered one of the
> fundamental things in OSM land?

For the BeNeLux server we are now running a 'SQL based' XAPI server[1].
Since that is about 700MB worth of data it is relatively easy to setup
and update.

The world on disk is 35GB and the code exist to support SQL based
queries and 'xpath' style queries[2] with '0.5' output. So the only
thing that needs to be added is the actual timestamp of the last data load.

If anyone has a server available with 64bit Linux, 4-8GB of RAM and some
spare gigabytes left, port 80 open to the public, I am happy to set it up.

Stefan

[1] http://xapi.openstreet.nl:8000/
[2] http://repo.or.cz/w/handlerosm.git