Hi all - I just stumbled upon a new initiative called The
Extraordinaries, which is about taking volunteering to people's smart
phones. The basic idea is that as a user you start the app and pick a
cause that you would like to spend a couple mins of your time for.
This could range from bird observation to helping someone learn
English. OSM could fit that bill well I think - having people take 5
mins to add a couple POI in their immediate vicinity, or check the map
for where they are right there & then. More info on their web site -->
http://www.theextraordinaries.org/ or check youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgEDDLl9E-Q
Someone care to look into this further?

martijn van exel