Maybe I'm wrong, but it looks to me like the attribution is not correct, you must also mention CC-BY-SA!

Jonas

Am 17.07.2009 um 01:57 schrieb Paweł Niechoda <pawel.niech...@gmail.com>:

Thanks for respond!!

W dniu 16 lipca 2009 17:36 użytkownik Jochen Topf <joc...@remote.org > napisał:
Hi!

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 04:18:35PM +0200, Paweł Niechoda wrote:
> My name is Paweł Niechoda and I am a student who is involved in Go ogle SoC
> 2009.
> I am working on project: OSM static maps API.
> I know that asking end-users for feedback is always the best way to improve
> application. So I am doing it.
> Here you can find the description of the prototype version of the API:
> http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~pafciu17/
> and examples how API works.
> Please feel to send me any comments or sugestions for new features.
> By doing this you would help me a lot with my work.

Looks very promising!

Two small comments:
* I suggest to allow giving center by &lat=...&lon=... instead of (or
 in addition to &center=...) Thats the format used most widely and it
has the advantage on not relying on the order of the longitude/ latitude
 coordinates.
Yeah, you are right, it is nice just to specify center point by giving
&lat and &lon params. So I added that possiblity, now there are two ways, you can
use either &lat and &lon or just &center.

* type for the ti...@home-map should be "osmarender" (not the "a").
Done

I am a bit concerned about the format of the points and paths. Its very hard to see anything if all seperator characters are commas. Maybe have a look at the Well-known text format (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Well-known_text ) as another option. Might be a bit easier to read, on the other hand having
spaces in URLs is also bad. Your choice. :-)
I have had a look at Well-known text format, for sure it would be nice to
support it. As you mentioned it looks nice.
I will remember about it. Now I think there
are some others more important issues to work on.

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  joc...@remote.org  http://www.remote.org/jochen/  +49-721-388298

thank you again for comments:)