On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 11:47 AM, Ævar Arnfjörð
Bjarmason<ava...@gmail.com> wrote:

> NASA/METI have updated their distribution terms with a FAQ in response
> to my questions:
>
>    https://lpdaac.usgs.gov/lpdaac/about/news_archive/friday_july_24_2009
>
> Unfortunately the new terms aren't new at all, and they still look too
> restrictive to be incorporated into freely licensed datasets.

Ævar, thanks for taking point on this...  These sort of licensing
issues are an annoying, but necessary part of our work and not
everyone has the stomach for it.  I myself have run into the issue
locally... There's nearby county that has very high resolution aerial
images but the standard licensing terms that they offer them under
would make it impossible for me to use with OSM.  That plus the fact
that they would charge me a lot of money for copies of the images has
made me decide not to even bother.

Up next I'm going to see what I can get for the county that I'm an
actual resident of.  Perhaps I'll have better luck there.

--
Jeff Ollie