Am Samstag, den 08.08.2009, 14:42 +0200 schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer:
> An example from the result of the current tidy-points-function here:
> http://trac.openstreetmap.org/attachment/ticket/2148/090808_potlatch_tidy-points_.png

The exsample shows a problem which I also had once until I found that at
least the simplify way plugin of JOSM has an option named
simplify-way.max-error in the preference. Unfortunately, the default
value of this option seems to be very high. If you set it to 1 (one
meter) means below the accuracy of any currently available GPS than it
should not be a problem.

Problem for the JOSM plugin is that this option is not automatically
added to the preferences and hidden in the description in the WIKI and
you have to actively search for this option. Means the user has likely
already done some damage before he is forced to change something.

So I would think, that if the default value of the plugin is set to 1
and the option is automatically added to the preferences, than the
situation would be much less bad and it would become a useful tool.

Regards
Andre