On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 14:17:02 +0200, Konrad Skeri wrote:

> > [...]
> > This is obviously wrong. Yes, we could link those stops with the junction
> > in a relation -- but adopting a proper Key:stop stop seems *much* cleaner
> > to me. [...]
>
> Yes, the highway=stop is not a good solution. However, I prefer the
> suggested relation instead.
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Relation:type%3Dstop

I've read the both the wiki and the talk page, and saw no gain over simple
tagging, while still adding the burden of maintaining yet-another-relation-type.

The talk page also features a comment by Eimai, "Easier method?", which is
basically the same as Key:stop. As I wrote there, I still see no difference
when talking about the right_of_way of the crossing road.

Also, according to Tagwatch, it's less used than Key:stop. But since we're
discussing it, I'm open to any comment :-)

Kindly,
David

--
 . ''`.  Debian maintainer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino