On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Matthias Versen<s...@mversen.de> wrote:
> BTW: Why are there 2 different border lines ?
Because some parts of the border (notably maritime and along shifting
rivers) are disputed and we try to represent this fact in OSM instead
of using OSM as a battlegrund to find or define the one and only
"truth". Disputed parts are tagged
disputed=yes
and it is also mentioned in the name (eg "Border SI-HR (Disputed)") to
make it clearer.

Of course most parts aren't disputed and in such cases the better
source could probably be used. One is an import from wikimedia (with a
note = rough estimate in some places, please refine)
while the other one is imported from official Slovenian source
(source=GURS). Later is probably better, but we don't want to force
this down the throats of Croats. Of course they are welcome (and
encouraged!) to reuse the acceptable parts of that border to refine
their version of the border. It could also be interesting to get some
official Croatian source imported to identify those disputes (and
probably find some nice pockets of no man's land by the river :) )

Discussion on talk-si@ list in Slovenian:
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-si/2009-August/

Some info in Croatian:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/mvrban/diary/7626