Craig Wallace schrieb:
> On 10/09/2009 01:21, Ulf Lamping wrote:
>> Well, it's simply a bad thing to indicate stuff by something that's
>> "nearby". What's nearby? 1m/10m/100m/1000m? Is it indicated by a
>> place_of_worship, a building=church or xy?
>>
> But why does it matter whether there is a church there or not? A
> grave_yard (next to a church) is still much the same as a cemetery (not
> next to a church), its still just a place for burying dead people.

I guess you get it the wrong way round.

It doesn't matter if there's a church nearby or not. This is an
*indication* if it's one thing or the other - but not more.

How would you describe it?

When I'm riding my motorcycle in the alps I see lot's of different stuff ...

If there are 30 graves (often even 100 years old) directly near a church
that's very certainly a grave_yard IMHO.

If there are thousands of WWI graves I certainly would tag these as a
landuse=cemetery

... you're mileage may vary ...

Regards, ULFL