lulu-...@gmx.de wrote:
> Currently the problem with routing is, that routing applications can not
> check for millions of nodes, but only for thousands of ways without
> performace problems.
>
> That results in the problem, that for example barrier bollards in the middle
> of the road can not be considered.
>
> I recommend to add a route_nodes=yes or router:check_nodes=yes to such ways,
> so that the routing software can check only the ways in first run and then
> check the nodes on ways only where this is set.
>
> Comments?

Why? Don't pollute the data like this.

This sounds like a job that is particularly well suited to be done
during the processing of data needed when importing OSM data into the
routing software database. Why you would want to leave it up to humans
bound to make tagging mistakes or forget to add it is beyond me. I
suppose editors could automatically add/remove the tag, but that just
gets me back to my first point: why?

--
Lennard