2009/9/20 Roy Wallace <waldo000...@gmail.com>:
> Yeah...I think at this stage, it's useful to input as much detail as
> possible

+1. I agree, though it might be better for some stuff to be put in a
separate (more appropriate) db (openyellowpages or something like
this, where you (or even the person running the
restaurant/shop/company) can put their whole menu, special offers,
opening hours, happy hours, complete contacting information and maybe
even the possibility to reserve a table), cinema-programm, goods
available, etc.

> even if you have to make up tags along the way, provided
> their meaning is explicit and self-explanatory. They must be
> self-explanatory to facilitate a possible future move to a more
> coordinated scheme, to get that last 5% of value without having to
> re-survey (highway=footway/cycleway/path should serve as a warning
> against non-explicit tag names!).

which part of footway or cycleway is not self-explanatory? Or landuse=forest?
Without definition any tag will remain as ambivalent as language can
be (and even more as most mappers are non-native English speakers).

cheers,
Martin