ed...@billiau.net schrieb:
> Frederik said
>> All this is possible *within* the existing OSM framework and without any
>> strong leader telling us where to go. I really do encourage you and all
>> those calling for leadership to get together, form your own advisory
>> board or tagging committee or whatever, create the structures you think
>> are required, and then offer them for voluntary use by the community.
>>

> This is likely to result in several insular communities. In particular I
> am considering that au mappers would write a tight set of guidelines for
> mapping and, as an example, we wouldn't have to worry about "residential
> vs unclassified in rural areas" for any other country - we would define
> our own strategy and stick to it.
> If Au does that, and the Argentinians make their own set of preferences,
> and other groups do the same, we will have a project with multiple forks.
> I don't really want to split the project, but if it becomes the only way
> to peace it will happen by itself.

Funny to read: "likely to result", "we will have" ...

We already have insular communities (e.g. using highway=unclassified for
this or for that or for something different), we have a special
definition page for germany tagging and ...

Problem: "we" just don't stick to definitions or change it every few
weeks/months.

Regards, ULFL