2009/10/6 John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com>:

> Yes and keep it to yourself, don't bother telling anyone else since
> they really want to waste their time finding out there is no name,a
> after the 10th person does this I'm sure someone has a right to be
> upset.

If you have 10 people in the same area chasing an unnamed road then a
noname tag isn't going to solve the actual problem. A road in OSM that
has been surveyed by a single person is tagged identically to a road
that has a dozen gps tracks and has been checked by several people.
The fact that a road has no name is irrelevant. A road with a name is
also potentially incorrect and needs to be checked.
Currently those 10 people will end up checking the same areas multiple
times while some areas don't get checked at all. The problem is that
there is no way to communicate the "verification level" or an object
in the database. If the 10 people want to verify the data in an
efficient and systematic way then they they need to organise between
themselves and store information outside the database. It's a problem
that needs a general solution not a single tag that works in a very
specific case.

--
DavidD