On Thursday 29 Oct 2009 3:18:25 pm Dave Stubbs wrote:
> > Sorry for misleading title, but I still don't understand how this can be
> > permitted.
>
> It isn't permitted. Don't let the posts here arguing the details of
> whether it should be permitted confuse anything.
> OSM has one simple rule: if in doubt, don't.
>
> A lot of people think it's probably OK, but but Google aren't exactly
> unambiguous on the issue and there are certainly enough people around
> claiming rights that it leaves reasonable doubt unless the provider
> tells you explicitly that it's OK. Or in brief: don't use Google for
> OSM.

look, a few days back someone (I think it was Richard Fairhurst) started a
campaign asking google to allow us to trace their imagery. A lot of us signed
up. The answer was a flat 'no'. So there is nothing ambigous about it. Yahoo!
has said 'yes', google has said 'no'. Fullstop.
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves