On 10 Nov 2009, at 20:15, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 11:51 AM, bernhard <b...@datenkueche.com> wrote:
>>> It provides OAuth: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Oauth
>>> Maybe this is what you're looking for.
>>>
>> Cool.
>> I have to register an account at
>> http://oauth.dev.openstreetmap.org
>> Isn't that a bit strange?
>> Now I have 3 OSM accounts. Shouldn't this project make things easier?
>
> You don't have to register an account there, that's just the OAuth
> development branch. You can use the OAuth features on the main site by
> going into your preferences, registering a new app etc.

It is however recommended that you do all your testing of you app against the
api using one of the dev instances that have been setup. The application's
consumer key and secret will need to be changed when your app moves from
testing to production.

http://api06.dev.openstreetmap.org is the recommended one to use now that the
oauth branch indicated above has been integrated into head and is no longer
updated.

Shaun