Ian Dees wrote:
>Sent: 12 November 2009 1:13 AM
>To: OSM Talk; talk...@openstreetmap.org Openstreetmap
>Subject: [OSM-talk] Addressing Question
>
>Hi everyone,
>
>I'm looking at some donated street centerline data that has addressing data
>in the form of "Right/Left From Addr" and "Right/Left To Addr" on each
>street centerline. Is there an accepted way of applying these tags to the
>road ways? It doesn't really make very much sense to create and store a
>separate way just for the addressing information.
>
>...but I might have arrived too late in the argument to say that :-)...

It doesn't have to conform to any existing scheme. Work out the best way to
import it so that it's of use and that's enough. If it can't be shoehorned
into the Karlsruhe schema that isn't a problem. There will be many places
where one-size-fits-all won't work.

I'd let someone else work out if they can transcribe the data to another
format once its in OSM, should that be desirable

Cheers

Andy