On Wed, 2009-11-25 at 15:16 +0000, Jukka Rahkonen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anybody written a tool like osm2pgsql for importing OSM data directly into
> SpatiaLite database?

If you want to have a go yourself you could look at:
http://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/1371

This copied the postgres code and changed it to use sqlite, but did not
use SpatiaLite. The patch did not get applied as-is because I was
unhappy at the code duplication, but it might get you started.

>  Alternatively, are there plans to make an OSM driver for
> ogr2ogr?

Not that I know of. I'm sure you could fallback to some path like:

 osm -> postgres -> shapefile -> spatialite

        Jon