2009/11/25 Anthony <o...@inbox.org>

> >> I didn't know that was up for debate.  I thought the consensus was
> >> that they should not only share nodes, but they should share ways as
> >> well.
> >
> > no, I don't think that's a good idea as the resulting multipolygons make
> the
> > situation unnecessarily complicated.
> >
> Wow.  I hope you're in the minority on that one, because now that I
> discovered multipolygon relations there's no way I'm going back to
> mapping the exact same line three times (e.g. to represent a park
> adjacent to a residential area separated by a fence).

OK, I put that right (as I'm using multipolygons myself quite a lot): it
depends on the situation. If the fence (line between the 2 areas) is
consisting of a lot of nodes it might be better to use a multipolygon, but
if its just 2-3 nodes, I bet you will never be faster with a relation. You
will still be creating the first multipolygon when I already finished all
polygons ;-)

cheers,
Martin