On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 10:57 AM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/12/15 Anthony <o...@inbox.org>:
> > In any case, if OSM decides to take the position that my contributions
> are
> > not copyrightable, and therefore they are free to incorporate them into
> an
> > ODBL project, that means I can take their ODBL project and incorporate it
> > into my CC-BY-SA project.  That would probably be the best case scenario,
> > actually.
>
> Actually you wouldn't since ODBL would prevent you contractually from
> copying their data unless you abide by the license, which is the whole
> point of switching to something else other than cc-by-sa in the first
> place.

Yeah, well, a contract can't be enforced against people who agree to it.

And don't you know, I have a contract on my web site which says that my data
can't be used under the ODbL.  Anyone who reads this email is thereby made
aware of that contract.  And anyone who uses my data is thereby in agreement
with it.

That's how contracts work, right?  You just list a bunch of stuff you want
and anyone who reads the contract and does the things you say constitute
agreement, has to obey it.