On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 1:36 AM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Your account may be able to do relatively little damage, but what
> about someone who has more access?

Fair point.

> Then you also have the possibility of collecting large amounts of
> account details, since almost everything is still sent in the clear,
> what if they have a lot of accounts, how easy would that be to revert?

That situation exists already. Nothing is stopping someone from signing up
for thousands of accounts then using them all simultaneously.

If you want to talk about lax bank security I can give you a few <snip>

No, I don't want to talk about lax bank security.

If encrypted connections are so over rated, <snip>

 Keep it relevant to OSM, thanks. I asked the specific question: is OSM
security important?

Steve