On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 1:27 AM, Mikel Maron <mikel_ma...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Details are still emerging but apparently Digital Globe is making available
> pre- and post- event imagery, tomorrow.  There are other sources in the
> pipeline.
> I'm of course pushing to make sure that we have full rights to derive
> vectors from these sources.

Digital Globe made the Philippines imagery available for us after the
floods there[1]. It's worth noting that a lot of the imagery was
mis-rectified, but usually by less than 100m. We had sufficient GPS
traces to align major roads correctly, but I don't know if we'll have
that in Haiti.

> If this becomes available, then this is certainly the kind of thing we can
> look for in the imagery.

If you need quick turnaround on getting imagery into Potlatch, I can help.

Cheers,
Andy

[1] http://www.gravitystorm.co.uk/shine/archives/2009/12/09/the-view-from-above/