Hi,

Jean-Guilhem Cailton wrote:
> Note to administrator : would it be possible to raise the size limit for
> this crisis situation?

Maybe it is also prudent to recognise that while there is a crisis in
Haiti, there is mapping as usual in many other regions of the world -
some of it in regions that might become the next victim of a natural
disaster.

While most of us want to help where we can, OSM as a whole must not
grind to a halt because there is a crisis in Haiti. There are tens of
thousands of active OSMers around the world, and 400 of them are active
in Haiti. Every Haiti message on this mailing list reaches a very high
number of people who are not interested, and it is their right to be not
interested - they are doing good work elsewhere.

I think it is time for an osm-haiti mailing list - or if every OSMer
helping in Haiti is already on crisismappers, then that's ok too, we can
then simply stop crossposting and forwarding everything here.

Bye
Frederik