Hi,

Ulf Lamping wrote:
>>> In contrast, I believe that there actually are people who try to listen to
>>> the sorrows of (potential) newcomers and want to lower the learning curve.
>>> Way too few, though.

>> Fixed tagging rules are not needed to lower the learning curve.

> Could you please explain this?
>
> Fixed tagging rules will very certainly lower the learning curve to
> getting things on the map. You failed to explain the alternatives ...

If you want to help newcomers, then make a list of features that are
rendered on "the map", and write a nice tutorial explaining them,
together with the fact that of course every map is different and just
because a pub shows up on z16 on a certain map doesn't mean a restaurant
will, too.

What is so hard about this? Why do you think it means a steeper than
necessary learning curve? From the newcomer's viewpoint, how would this
be different with fixed tagging rules?

Bye
Frederik