In your letter dated Wed, 03 Feb 2010 16:03:09 +0000 you wrote:
>Frederik Ramm wrote:
>>> But the routing/tagging of OSM doesn't fit anything at the moment.
>>
>> Huh?
>
>Please take that in context with its following sentence. Can you show me
>a router that can get me door to door no matter where I live?

If the data is not 100% complete and accurate it is useless?

Get real. I just tried the Google maps app. on my G1 to get home from work by
bike. It was horrible. The app itself is horrible, and the map is bad:
bike paths are not there.

In contrast, openstreetmap data gets me there by car and bike. The lack of
house numbers is annoying though. So it is not door to door, but street to
street. And for me that is good enough.

And yes, the situation is not as bright in other countries. But I think it
is pointless to wait until OSM has 100% perfection everywhere to start using
it.

Of course lots of people are already using it. Promoting for example
openmtbmap over other maps on a Garmin.