Augmentation of GPS can be done in various ways depending on the type
of unit you have, wether you have access to paid subscription
augmentation or only free systems, and where you are.

A smaller handheld unit generally have lesser accuracy compared with a
larger unit.

Higher latitude (60 degree N/S) have generally higher accuracy than
lower latitude (closer to equator)

Paid subscription augmentation such as Fugro Inmarsat, Fugro Spotbeam,
HP/XP/G2, Veripos, etc. generally have a much higher degree of
correction, therefor more accurate than free services such as IALA,
SBAS (common term for WAAS, EGNOS, etc).

Terms of accuracy also depends on what you are going to use the unit
for, I am working in the offshore industry, where large expensive
units with several augmentation systems are used to install large
structures on the seabed with centimeter accuracy, where we aim to
have an HDOP and EPE as low as possible, I have observed all the way
to EPE of 0.1, while a simple car navigation with "snap to road"
function can be more than happy with HDOP of 2 (which would be totally
rejected by my contractors).

The offshore industry is probably the most difficult consumer of
position data, so comparing personal units to our standards is
probably a bad idea, but if you have a unit that give you a HDOP of
less than 2 than you probably are covered.

HDOP = Horizontal Dilution of Position (generally meaning that more
than 95% of the measured positions are within a circle with HDOP meter
in radius, though some units might use another % for the same)
You will probably not find any information about EPE on your units,
that is a highly technical term involving more factors such as
satellite constellation, number of corrections, wether or not both L1
and L2 signal is corrected, how close to the horizon you allow the
unit to read satellites, etc.

Sometimes accuracy is measured in %, this is only confusing, do not
look at this number.

brgds
Aun Johnsen