On 26 April 2010 21:35, Adrien Pavie <dr...@laposte.net> wrote:
> So, trolley or shopping_cart, this is the question ^^
> Trolley is an english word, and osm have for principal language the english.
> It's more logic have trolley. But shopping_cart is more explicit, and it can
> be easier understand by users who don't speak a lot english I think.

If they don't speak a lot of English they won't care if it's
shopping_trolley or shopping_cart, although if it's attached to a
place that shopping usually takes place then then the shopping_ bit is
probably redundant. In any case, localised preset naming makes the
issue irrelevant...

Also "trams" aren't called trolley's the world over, although OSM
refers to it as light rail to avoid the confusion I suppose.