Cool thanks,
Ian Dees offered to host it,  Unfortunately i dont know Perl, but i
can still create the contours.   At 10m accuracy, i find it's still
good.   In Canada, we do have 20m contours (from NRCan) which is also
available, so that can be used as a supplement.  The downside to SRTM
is the annoying squares that get cut out when the SRTM radar detected
houses/building, so i guess it tried to accommodate.
We also have our own tiling number system, which identifies areas
better than the ComputerTeddy Tile # system.
However, including a description for each contour IMG tile (listing
the town/country that is shown) would be a good reference for people
(planet wide).

It would also be great to have a GroundTruth planet 25m contour done
of IMG files, where this data could be accessed with an ehancement of
the system
http://ulrichkuester.de/OSM/CoordinateToOSMTile.html
and
http://touren.mospace.de/kachel.html

As 10m contours are better for Hiking, were 25m contours are standard
for Driving.   as it fills up the map screen with too many lines &
looks cluttered.

I'm right now working on the process for north of 41 degrees and
between -141 and -52 degrees west.  So it's only as temporary space as
need if the .ibf & DEM files gets removed as soon as the .img file is
created.
and it can also be copied onto the server as soon as it's created.

Anyway, Im sure if this thread gets any longer, others will be
annoyed, and start complaining about copyright / licence ... etc.  &
the regular routeen ... lol

Feel free to contact me off-list if you want to help make this happen.
  A wikia website can be created for it :)

Cheers,
Sam