That's what I assumed had to be happening. If a single intersection was
missing from the map, it wouldn't fail to calculate a route, it would
just find a different one that wasn't in fact the shortest path. But if
it can't find any way to the destination there must be a chunk of the
map that's topologically isolated from the rest.

Steve