Am 08.08.2010 23:10, schrieb Liz:
> On Mon, 9 Aug 2010, Cartinus wrote:
>> It doesn't take as many manhours to map a desert as it takes to map
>> downtown  Melbourne.
> Cartinus
> Please don't come up with this sort of nonsense

Well, a Desert usually has much less features than urban terrain, so I
don't see how you can call that nonsense. Of course it depends on your
tools available how many mapping man-hours you need for a square
kilometer area.

> Imports have increased our number of contributors, not decreased them.
> I have mapped, with my partner, a VERY large area of my state. Mostly from
> survey work. That means we got the main roads, streets in towns and some side
> roads, POIs.
> Nowhere would I claim it is complete. My survey work has been supplemented by
> imports which have provided some river and some rail and some road alignments.

I think the discrepancy comes from different experiences with imports,
with respect to when and how the import is done, and how dense the data
imported is.

> My work extends from Cobar to Tocumwal with a little overlap at the southern
> end
> and between Adelaide and Wollongong
> East West the area between Yass and Mildura is mostly my work, with little
> overlap.
>
> My work is not going under ODBL but I am still waiting to hear how my work is
> going to be excluded.

It saddens me that political reasons will tear additional holes in the
project. It's bad enough that the chosen license turns out to not be
legally sound.

--

Dirk-Lüder "Deelkar" Kreie
Bremen - 53.0901°N 8.7868°E