On 20 August 2010 23:24, Peter Wendorff <wendo...@uni-paderborn.de> wrote:
>  On 20.08.2010 21:12, bernhard zwischenbrugger wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>> But editing with a touchscreen is not easy.
>> How to set a point using a finger?
>> If you put the finger to the screen, you don't see where the point is set.
>> The finger covers the point and it can't be exact.
>>
>> Any idea how to solve this problem?
>
> I don't use touch screens often, but perhaps there could be something
> similar to a touchpad-input feeling:
> Use the finger as mouse pointer,
> Provide a zoomed image of the area below the finger in another part of the
> screen, e.g. in the upper right corner.

Something I have been doing on the (singletouch, resistive) touchpads,
since they are so inaccurate, I put two fingers on them.  The value
received by the OS is the middle point between your two fingers.  If
you only move one finger while touching with both, the cursor moves
slower and you can point with more accuracy.  On the touchscreens this
would have the advantage that you could see the pointer.

Cheers