Hi,

> take the coordinates from Google
> Earth/Maps.
I will not. That is a non-free source, the same reason I do not
look/consider Wikimapia(google maps based) or any other proprietary
maps.
OSM may currently be the freest data collection that exists (since
CC-BY-SA-3.0 is legally invalid for OSM data according to Creative
Commons) or that will exist (since OSM will soon move to a legally valid
license). Not to worry though...

...because the simplest solution is to just leave my photos synchronised
with the gps traces and simply not fine-adjust them. Thus I can still
give them under CC-0-1.0-Universal . So I think I've got it clearer now
in my mind on what to do.
We use what we have.

Regards,

Niklas