On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Richard Weait <rich...@weait.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 10:01 AM, Stefan de Konink <ste...@konink.de> wrote:
>> Op 06-10-10 15:12, Nic Roets schreef:

>>> It may remove a conflict of interest problem or two ??
>>
>> He is still shareholder, as is stated in the message. That shows that
>> there is a potential financial conflict of interest. For example if OSM
>> switches license, it can be good for Cloudmade or bad for them, he could
>> defend his own financial position.

He will definitely be more independent now that he doesn't spend 8
hours a day in close proximity to the CM employees and he never has
meetings with their lawyers (see some of the discussions on legal-talk
in recent months).

> Y'all have a funny way of demonstrating your warm wishes for his
> future and presumption of good faith.

Unlike you, I guess I'm just seeing him and his wife as ordinary
members of the team (taking into account code written, keynote
speeches etc). So yes, good luck to him and good luck to anyone else
on this list changing careers.

And saying someone has a conflict on interest is not an insult. Nor
should it lead to automatic exclusion from debates or votes. But it
should be mentioned.