On 08/10/2010 12:30, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:
   Hello,

   the fact the road is a winter one, is an important thing that should be
marked on map.

   http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/surface:winter_road

This type of tag is based on subjective opinions which is bad information to put in OSM.

For instance the second photo' is labeled as impassable.

Clearly it is not. I could go down it on foot, mountain bike or even a suitable motor vehicle despite what is said on the wiki. In fact, to me, it seems the first photo' is the more impassable as when snow is tamped it forms ice.

If they are closed during the summer, tag it as that, since it's a fact. Add a from-to date tag if known.

Cheers
Dave F.