From: talk-boun...@openstreetmap.org [mailto:talk-boun...@openstreetmap.org] On
Behalf Of Toby Murray
Sent: 09 November 2010 06:04
To: talk@openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Changeset 6234414

Look at the shape of the ways:
http://imgur.com/47kmj.png

Now look at the area that the same user edited in their next few
changesets. For example:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?minlon=-49.3501728&minlat=-25.5176786&maxlon=-49.3216498&maxlat=-25.466278&box=yes

I'm not sure what they were trying to do but it looks like they used
the wrong projection when converting from their source to OSM so
everything got shifted. The user should probably be contacted. Anyone
speak Portugese?

But at the end of the day I'm guessing this changeset needs to be reverted.

Toby

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 9:17 PM, MP <singular...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anybody have idea what it is? Seems to be large lot of untagged lines
> in middle of the ocean and I don't see what it could be (coral reefs? some
> under-sea features?).
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/6234414
>
> What should be done with similar uploads, if the ways are untagged and it is
> not very clear what they should be?
>
> Google translate told the summary is "map made in autocad and being passed
> on to the OSM" which isn't very explanatory about source and purpose of the
> data.
>
> Martin

Please Note:

Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of Independent Television News Limited unless specifically
stated. This email and any files attached are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you
have received this email in error, please notify postmas...@itn.co.uk

Please note that to ensure regulatory compliance and for the protection of our
clients and business, we may monitor and read messages sent to and from our
systems.

Thank You.