Le 06/12/2010 12:52, Steve Bennett a écrit :
On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 9:48 PM, Ed Avis<e...@waniasset.com>  wrote:
We could add per-country or per-geographical-area rules about what the 'default'
language is.  But that seems like the wrong answer, and would give the wrong
result in many cases.
Seems like the right answer to me. There are lots of things that would
benefit from this scheme: default speed limits, driving on left/right,
default access rights, etc etc...

Often, there is no sharp dividing line between one language area and another
So those areas should specify languages explicitly. Very many
countries have a single official language. Asking every mapper to add
this extra tag, rather than just the ones where it could be ambiguous,
doesn't make sense.

I have no idea if anyone's interested in implementing the "default"
system though.

Steve
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relations/Proposed/Defaults
--